No, we're not accusing Dr. Mehmet Oz of becoming a quack. But the prestigious heart surgeon/best-selling author/talk show host is taking on the cast of the popular show "Duck Dynasty" on his talk show. And there's a health message behind those beards: Dr. Oz will explain why they're the healthiest family in the nation, reported Broadway World on September 13. Learn about the highlights below, plus get a sneak peek of his other upcoming shows.
When it comes to holistic health tips, Dr. Oz recently featured tea for problems ranging from anxiety and stress to weight management (read the full story by clicking here). And the "Duck Dynasty" guys also use tea for health. Uncle Si will explain the role that tea plays in his life, while Willie will discuss the holistic connection between faith and family health. In addition, reported Fox 50 on September 13, Dr. Oz will discuss the delicate topic of beard health and hygiene and offer tips.
We've got a sneak peek here of Dr. Oz's other talk show highlights for the upcoming week.
- September 16: The cast of "Duck Dynasty" goes wild with Dr. Oz and explains why they may be the healthiest family in America. (We just want to know what's beneath those beards.)
- September 17: Dr. Oz dishes on fast food (will he like what he tastes - or has the author of "YOU: Losing Weight: The Owner's Manual to Simple and Healthy Weight Loss" ever even tasted a - gulp - French fry?) In addition, Dr. Oz investigates holistic home remedies.
- September 18: Bye, bye high cholesterol, hello Cedric The Entertainer. Dr. Oz and Cedric explore how the funny guy is killing his cholesterol problems. Tip: Did you know that chia can help you manage your cholesterol? Learn about how to use chia for your health by clicking here.
- September 19: Sleep, sleep, sleep: Dr. Oz makes relationship sleep problems drift off.
- September 20: Dr. Oz prepares himself for a viewer takeover, including makeovers for your metabolism. Need help now with waist management? We recommend "YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management" (click for details).