Getting into the swing of what viewers want in its fifth season, the popular "The Dr. Oz Show" is hosted by cardiac surgeon and renowned health expert Dr. Mehmet Oz, best-selling author of books such as "YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger" (click for details). During the week starting September 23, Dr. Oz has created shows ranging from the best in alternative and holistic health to scary news about artificial sweeteners. Get a sneak peek of his line-up below, and be sure to subscribe to this column to get recaps every day:
- September 23: Dr. Oz explores three seemingly small pains that could result in big problems. He's joined by comedian Loni Love, who gives viewers her best “love him or leave him” relationship advice!
- September 24: “What Dr. Oz really tells his friends and family!” emerges as Dr. Oz offers up the best advice that he gives his inner circle, from weight loss tips to hangover cures.
- September 25: Dr. Drew Pinsky, author of "Cracked: Life on the Edge in a Rehab Clinic," joins Dr. Oz to open up about his secret health battle.
- September 26: Dr. Oz unveils the best in alternative health, from acupuncture to deep breathing and beyond.
- September 27: Put away that pink packet: Dr. Oz will discuss artificial sweeteners. Learn about the frightening new side effects that doctors are concerned about.