Dr Joel Fuhrman shared the details of his latest book The End of Dieting while on the Dr. Oz show on March 24.
The End of Dieting promotes a diet rich in nutrients and include foods that contain a healthy amount of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidants. All foods recommended in the book are geared toward naturally guiding each person to their ideal weight without hunger or feelings of deprivation.
The concept of Dr. Fuhrman’s book consists of a diet in which 90% of the food ingested is produce.
“If we turned the American diet upside down so that 90% of calories come from produce, we would put an end to dieting, resolve our health-care crisis, win the war against breast cancer, and save millions of lives from heart disease and diabetes.”
Foods suggested by Dr. Fuhrman are broken down by the acronym G-BOMB which stands for Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries and Seeds.
What to expect from The End of Dieting:
• Explain the life-threatening dangers of traditional “calorie restricting” diets
• Debunk the fake “science” of popular fad diets
• Offer an alternative to dieting that leads to permanent weight reduction and weight stabilization
• Outline an easy-to-follow eating program with meal plans and recipes that are doable, even for those with no time to cook or who like to eat meat
• A motivational and solution-based program for food addicts and those with obstacles in their path to wellness