Dr Oz. shared some natural remedies for healing at home on his show on March 13.
Unlike natural herbs many over the counter and prescribed medications can have side effects. Find out how you can cure minor illnesses with the herbal remedies provided below.
1. Rose oil – Rose oil inhaled through a diffuser can help soothe allergies or asthma, calm anger, alleviate depression, and help with headaches.
2. Stinging Nettle – Ingesting stinging nettle capsules or tea is known to help soothe itchy red eyes and combat inflammation.
3. Ginger – Ingesting ginger (tea or added to food) can help alleviate nausea and sickness, ad also helps to break down food to create an ease in absorption.
4. Red clover – Red clover tea can help purify the body and improve lymphatic drainage and kidney and liver function.
5. Peppermint - Peppermint can be used to soothe itchy eyes. Dr Oz recommends using a peppermint tea bag as a warm compress for washing your eyes. Steep the tea bag in hot water for 30 seconds, let it cool to warm and place it gently over your eyelids for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Magnolia flowers - Magnolia can bring about temporary relief of nasal congestion, sneezing, itchiness and watery eyes. Take a magnolia supplement by itself or in formulations with other herbs, or in tea.
7. Neem - Neem oil is known to relieve dry skin and soothes itchy, red, irritated skin. It helps treat fungal infections, lice, dry scalp, dandruff, premature graying of the hair, gingivitis and skin disorders. Neem has the ability to improve overall skin health by fighting the bacteria that causes pimples and acne.
8. Garlic - Garlic has been shown to lower blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels. Consuming at least half of a clove of garlic daily may help improve cholesterol levels.
9. Dandelion - Dandelion’s leaves and roots may be used to cleanse the liver; treat problems such as diabetes, acne, cancer, anemia, high blood pressure, and gall bladder issues; premenstrual symptoms such as bloating, gas and water weight gain; and urinary disorders.
10. Herbal tonic oil – Tonic oil is known to relieve chest congestion and usually consists of a mixture or sesame oils and essential oils. Dr. Oz recommends rub a little tonic oil on your upper lip and breathe deeply to help open your nasal passages.
11. Rosemary - Rosemary stimulates the digestive, circulatory and nervous systems which helps to cleanse the body.
12. Parsley - Parsley contains a high level of chlorophyll, which can help boost immunity, lower inflammation and clear toxins.