Dr. Mehmet Oz said eating more healthy fats can enhance weight loss and revealed FBCx, a fat-burning supplement that burns 500 calories a day on the May 23 episode of the Dr. Oz Show ("How to Get Your Fat to Eat Itself").
"We can eat away at the fat in our bodies," said Dr. Oz. "Science shows us it absolutely works."
Contrary to longstanding low-fat diet dogma, eating less fat isn't best for weight loss. In fact, the best way to lose body fat is to eat more fat, said Dr. Oz.
LCHF Ketogenic and Paleo Diets Enhance Weight Loss
On previous episodes, Dr. Oz — a longtime proponent of a low-fat, high-carb diet — conceded that low-carb, high-fat (LCHF) diets such as the ketogenic and Paleo diets accelerate weight loss and can prevent diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer's disease.
Dr. Oz said eating more monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) causes weight loss without hunger. This is because fat makes you feel full and takes longer to digest, so you don't get hungry as quickly as you do on a low-fat diet.
Dr. Oz used to advocate a low-fat diet, but changed his mind after talking to high-fat diet proponents Dr. David Perlmutter and Dr. William Davis (both of whom have appeared on the Dr. Oz Show).
Neurologist Dr. Perlmutter, author of Grain Brain, said we can prevent — and even reverse — dementia, ADHD and Alzheimer's disease by following the low-carb, high-fat ketogenic and Paleo diets.
And cardiologist Dr. Davis, author of Wheat Belly, said eliminating wheat from our diet and eating more healthy fats can reverse diabetes and heart disease. Both Perlmutter and Davis agree that LCHF diets like the Paleo and ketogenic diets are extremely effective for rapid weight loss.
Dr. Oz said MUFAs flush away stored fats and reduce inflammation (the No. 1 cause of chronic diseases). MUFAs also prevent heart disease, diabetes and dementia, and help your skin look younger. Dr. Oz said these foods are excellent sources of MUFAs:
PUFAs and FBCx Fat-Burning Supplement Melts 500 Calories
Dr. Oz has never discussed polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs) before, but said adding them to your diet along with MUFAs is great for your health. Some good sources of PUFA include:
- Oily fish such as mackerel, sardines or salmon (3 ounces)
- Sunflower seeds (1 ounce)
- Sunflower oil (2 tablespoons)
- Sesame seeds (1 ounce)
- Pine nuts (1 shot glass).
Finally, Dr. Oz said a revolutionary fat-burning weight-loss supplement called FBCx literally flushes fat from your system. FBCx is a soluble fiber that binds to the fat we consume and can eliminate 500 calories a day.
Dr. Oz said FBCx is especially helpful for those times when you overindulge. "Every time you cheat on your diet, I want you to grab one of these itty-bitty pills," he said. "This tiny tablet can push a lot of fat out of your body."
Dr. Oz said the following supplements burn belly fat:
- Forskolin supplement. Forskolin is an herb that has been shown to promote the breakdown of stored fats. Dr. Oz said 125 mg of Forskolin supplement in the morning can help release fatty acids from adipose tissue.
- Green tea. Green tea contains EGCG, an antioxidant that burns fat and protects against the free-radical damage that fuels aging and cancer. Dr. Oz said drinking two cups of green tea a day can help melt belly fat. Green tea also prevents fat storage and reduces your risks for heart disease and cancer, he said.
- CLA supplement. Studies show that conjugated linoleic acids (CLA) burn belly fat and increase lean body mass. CLA supplements work by speeding up the process by which your cells release fat. The catechins from green tea combined with the fat-fighting properties of CLA deliver a powerful one-two punch when it comes eliminating belly fat, said Dr. Oz.