Prepare yourself for a metabolism game changer. Dr. Mehmet Oz says that he spent over a year searching for a safe, effective and natural diet aid: Yacon syrup, which he unveiled on his November 4 talk show.
About yacon: Yacon comes from the Northern and Central Andes. The sweet tuberous roots provide a high level of inulin, which is low on the glycemic index while yielding healthy probiotics. It's available in different forms:
- Dried yacon slices resemble a dried apple and can be found in health food stores and online, such as Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Yacon Slices (click for details).
- You can also find yacon in tablet form, such as Peruvian Naturals Organic Yacon (click for details).
- Yacon syrup is available as a liquid, such as Yacon Syrup Organic Sunfood.
On his Facebook page, Dr. Oz posted on November 4: "Today is the day! We are revealing my favorite new superfood, one that may help boost your metabolism to lose weight. One year of searching and an in-depth experiment have led us to this show. If you watch once this season, make it today. LIKE if you'll be joining me!"
Dr. Oz contends that yacon is the new "miracle" super food for weight loss after conducting an experiment. To determine whether it really works, he invited a group of women to take one teaspoon of syrup before each meal for a month.
Of the 40 women who completed the yacon syrup project, 73 percent of them lost weight, with an average weight loss of almost three pounds. They lost an average of two inches from their waists.
In addition, Dr. Oz asked various health experts to provide their insights on yacon syrup for weight loss: Read their opinions by clicking here.
Dr. Oz and his staff have crafted various recipes using the syrup, such as the one below.
Yacon Salad Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp yacon syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ginger
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Best when paired with dark greens – watercress, arugula or kale.