Dr. Mehmet Oz uncovered the three hidden signs your body is stressed on the March 11 episode of the Dr. Oz Show ("The 3 Hidden Body Signs You're Stressed").
Dr. Oz said your body gives off clues that you're stressed, and you should listen to them. "Sooner or later, your body says, 'Enough!'" he said. "But I'm going to give you some good news: It's all reversible."
Dr. Oz said the three hidden signs of stress include:
- thinning hair and hair loss (more than 125 hairs a day)
- skin rashes or redness
- stomach aches.
Rather than pop pills, Dr. Oz suggested finding ways to manage stress, like deep breathing, yoga, and herbal remedies. Dr. Oz said these herbs reduce stress, anxiety and depression:
- Ashwagandha. Dr. Oz said ashwagandha regulates cortisol, the "stress" hormone, to give you a calm feeling and promote restful sleep.
- Ginger tea. Ginger tea has anti-inflammatory properties and induces a relaxed mood by regulating cortisol.
- Rhodiola. Rhodiola is an anti-aging, anti-stress plant that has been shown to relieve depression and fight fatigue.
Holistic Remedies For Weight Loss, Wrinkles and Fatigue
On a separate segment of his show, Dr. Oz's guest was holistic health expert Bryce Wilde, who discussed natural anti-aging remedies to accelerate weight loss, fight wrinkles, and boost energy.
- Chaga mushroom. Dr. Oz said chaga mushrooms are super-rich in antioxidants and fight viruses and cancer. They've also been shown to lower blood sugar and aid weight loss.
- Licorice extract. Black licorice extract reduces fatigue and relieves indigestion and heartburn.
- Eucalyptus oil. Eucalyptus oil is a natural decongestant that fights colds and reduces fever.
- Lucuma powder. Dr. Oz said lucuma is an antioxidant-rich fruit that enhances weight loss by regulating blood sugar and energy, which is especially helpful for those with diabetes.
- Primrose oil. Primrose oil contains essential fatty acids that support body tissues, including the skin. It has been shown to fight wrinkles and restore a smooth, dewy complexion.