Dr. Oz started Monday morning off right offering up a two-week rapid weight-loss diet that is healthy and safe. At the end of two weeks, you can shed 14 lbs. and the diet isn’t one that will leave you starving, according to CMR on Jan. 6.
Looking at food differently is important, as it is a way to nourish your body, not entertainment for your taste buds. This two-week weight loss diet might be hard at first considering you have to give up five things that many people consider a staple in their diets. Making this two-week diet a success depends on eliminating the things that most stand in the way of weight loss.
Here is what Dr. Oz recommends for his two-week diet:
Foods To Eliminate:
Dr. Oz says for the plan to work, you’ve got to get rid of the foods that are keeping you fat. This is the hardest part. This two week jump start diet has 5 types of food that need to be eliminated to lose the weight and get your body back in balance, according to CMR.
1. Eliminate wheat: This is one food that you need to completely eliminate from this two-week diet. It is one of the most inflammatory foods that humans eat, so get rid of it.
2. Eliminate artificial sweeteners: These actually are proven to increase your waist by 70%. They need to go for this diet.
3. Eliminate sugar and alcohol: Sugar is just not a food that does any good for you. It does more harm to our body than anything else. Alcohol is out because it can cause you to over indulge.
4. Eliminate coffee: Coffee by itself is actually healthy, but it’s the sugar and cream we add to it are not good for you. Since coffee can also be a trigger for us to crave unhealthy items, this goes for the Dr. Oz two-week diet. This might be the toughest for you die-hard coffee drinkers, but you can have all the green tea you want instead.
5. Eliminate dairy: Dairy products are inflammatory foods and to lose weight you need to get rid of the foods that cause inflammation.
Dr. Oz understands that eliminating all these foods may seem like it could be unbearable, but it is only for the two-week weight loss plan and your body will soon adjust. Once you see the weight come off you won’t mind the five foods that you’ve given up for this diet because by then you’ll look and feel good!
The Two-Week Plan:
This diet plan is about routine and drinking a hot cup of water with half of a lemon squeezed into it is something you should do to jump start and get your body going in the morning.
The first thing you do in the plan is to drink a cup of hot water with half a lemon squeezed into it. This gives your digestive system a jump start and gets your body going. Dr. Oz offers a new breakfast smoothie to supplies energy while keeping you full.
Breakfast smoothie recipe:
Mix 1 cup Almond Milk, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/2 banana, 1 tablespoon rice protein, 2 tablespoon flax seeds in a blender and drink. It is important to add the flax seeds last.
Drink Green Tea during the day. Organic green tea is preferred, but any green tea will do. Use this as your coffee replacement and drink it all day long.
On this diet during the day you get to eat your choice of the following:
6 ounces of protein like chicken, fish or turkey
Good fats that come from avocados or Olive Oil, pickles and nuts.
1/2 cup of brown rice
6 ounce container of Greek Yogurt.
The good doctor promises these food will keep you full!
Eat all of the low glycemic veggies that you want. These include:
These veggies help your body shed pounds and you can make them tasty by making them into a soup, using low sodium broth.
Some of the folks who are doing this diet suggested taking butternut squash and cutting them into French fries and cooking them in olive oil to make them crunchy.
Supplements: Dr. Oz said to take a probiotic supplement every morning during the two week diet. Also take a half of multivitamin in the morning and half in the afternoon.
Detox bath: At the end of your day, every day, soak in a detox bath with 2 cups Epsom salt and 1 cup baking soda.