Are you a triangle or a square? Worried about your big bottom or your big belly? On his Dec. 26 talk show, Dr. Mehmet Oz explained how to diagnose your own body type for weight loss and health. In addition, he revealed how you can use foods to boost your intake of key vitamins ranging from C to D.
Here are the key tips from the Dr. Oz show to shed pounds and enhance your well-being:
- Triangle body type: You're a triangle type if you are heaviest on your bottom (hips, thighs and derriere). Dr. Oz recommends cutting down on your intake of meat by enjoying plant-based meals and fish-based meals weekly.
- Circle body type: Measure your waist. If it's larger than 31.5 inches, Dr. Oz warns that your risk for some types of cancer is higher than with other body types. He suggests adding wasabi to your meals. You can make your own with a powder, such as S&B Wasabi Powder, and then spice up your veggies or poultry with a teaspoon of this anti-cancer condiment.
- Rectangle body type: From your arms to your legs to your belly, you're a rectangle if you gain weight everywhere. To protect your knees, Dr. Oz suggests carefully performing squats.
Ready to benefit from vitamin power? You don't have to stress about swallowing multiple supplements each day if you follow the right diet, says Dr. Oz. Here are his recommendations:
- Eat orange foods such as carrots for vitamin A.
- Eat brown rice and pistachios for vitamin B.
- Enjoy red bell peppers for vitamin C.
- Bone up with salmon with the bones in for vitamin D.
- Munch out on sunflower seeds for vitamin E.