If you're stressed about revealing your winter weight gain in revealing warm weather attire, Dr. Mehmet Oz, author of "YOU: Losing Weight: The Owner's Manual to Simple and Healthy Weight Loss," has discovered a new flab-melting solution to belly fat that's affordable, and he's calling it his #1 belly blasting cure. Flaxseed flattens your tummy, which Dr. Oz calls the "all-time biggest body complaint for women over 40." A study showed that those who ate a lignan-enriched meals had 32 percent less abdominal fat than those who did not eat these natural plant estrogens, which are contained in flaxseed.
How to use and where to get:
- Consume two tablespoons daily, says Dr. Oz.
- We suggest going with an organic brand, such as Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Flaxseed.
- Try adding it to your muffin mix or stir into your morning oatmeal
- Consider getting ground flaxseeds, which you can stir into your yogurt or even use in baking meatloaf or casserole dishes, such as Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Flaxseed.
- Look for cereals that already contain added flaxseed, such as Enjoy Life, Perky's Crunchy Flax Cereal.