It's the week to win at weight loss and fight fat on Dr. Mehmet Oz's popular talk show, and the focus is on how to use holistic and alternative health to shed pounds. Currently in its fifth season, the show has won Daytime Emmy Awards three times, while earning its host two Emmy awards.
Now the best-selling author of diet books such as "YOU: Losing Weight: The Owner's Manual to Simple and Healthy Weight Loss" and "YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management" (click for details) is devoting an entire week to helping you shed pounds fast. And the secret: It's all about natural, holistic remedies.
We've got your sneak peek here, from Monday through Friday:
- Metabolism miracles: Is this the fat-burning wonder you've been hoping for? Dr. Oz has the skinny on this new discovery, so be sure to check for our recap after the show airs for the skinny.
- The food industry: How your diet might be making you sick. Learn about why grains and sugar could be contributing to diseases ranging from grain to sugar by reading "Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers" (click for details).
- Pumpkin pride: Dr. Oz reveals the diet benefits of pumpkin.
- Belly fat myths: Take your belly from fat to flat, plus get secrets on how honey can heal.
- America's hidden epidemic: Dr. Sanjay Gupta even admits to doing it. What is it? We'll offer a recap after the show airs of that episode and others, so be sure to click Subscribe!