Keeping with his theme of his fat-fighting solutions week, Dr. Mehmet Oz teamed up with a group of experts to reveal his new holistic way to shed pounds, blast belly bulge and even reduce stress. Dr. Oz's experts who helped develop this natural path to slimming down include:
- Liz Vaccariello. Liz authored the best-selling book: "Flat Belly Diet!" (click here to learn more). In addition, for just six dollars, you can get her "Flat Belly Diet! Pocket Guide: Introducing the EASIEST, BUDGET-MAXIMIZING Eating Plan Yet" (get it now by clicking here). Plus: Liz recognizes that life should be about more than cottage cheese and grapefruit. As a result, she's concocted a cookbook that cuts the fat and calories without cutting the flavor: "Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook" (click here to learn more).
- Shawn Talbott, who wrote the ground-breaking "The Cortisol Connection Diet: The Breakthrough Program to Control Stress and Lose Weight" (click here for the skinny). The use of the science on cortisol has been one of the key ways to weave in holistic health principles with mainstream medicine.
- "8 Minute Abs" workout creator Jaime Brenkus.
Follow these steps to flat belly success and get the "Flat Belly Diet" book now by clicking here:
- Eat six ounces of Greek yogurt before each meal to help your body to break down fat. (Tip: Save money by making your own yogurt with the Euro Cuisine Automatic Yogurt Maker.)
- Enjoy foods rich in monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFAs), such as olives, seeds, nuts and avocado. MUFAs help to reduce belly fat. (Tip: Be careful of salt! Choose unsalted nuts, such as Terrafina Unsalted and Roasted Almonds.)
- Each meal should contain 350 or fewer calories and consist of 3 ounces lean protein, one complex carb, one MUFA and unlimited veggies. (Tip: Go for variety in choosing complex carbohydrates. For example, you could enjoy high-fiber Quaker Hot Oat Bran Hot Cereal for breakfast and then serve up a Steamed Brown Rice bowl with your lunch. For dinner: Bake sweet potatoes or munch on Terra Sweet Potato chips.)
- Reduce inflammation with an anti-inflammatory snack such as bowl of berries drizzled with dark chocolate or a sliced yellow pepper with hummus. (Tip: Savor blueberries any time of year with Traverse Bay Dried Blueberries. Drizzle with Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce. Want to try hummus and veggies as a snack? Make your own dip with Casbah Hummus, Garbanzo Bean Dip Mix.)
- Beat belly bloat by making the recipe below for ginger tea and sipping on it throughout the day. This holistic recipe makes use of the multiple benefits of ginger for your digestive system.
Ingredients for Flat Belly Tea
- 3 bags of ginger tea (Tip: For superb flavor, try Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger Tea or Triple Leaf Ginger Tea.)
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of ice
Directions: In a large pitcher (about 24 ounces), steep the ginger bags and chopped mint for 5-10 minutes. Strain mixture to remove bags and leaves. Add lemon juice. Stir and serve. Store in refrigerator, serve chilled and sip.