Talk show host Dr. Mehmet Oz, author of "YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management," wants to help you achieve that 2014 New Year's resolution to win at weight loss. We've collected some of his new-in-2014 tips for boosting your metabolism and torching calories.
Try these diet tips from Dr. Oz to boost your metabolism and supercharge your own weight loss goals:
- Drink one cup of tea a day. If you're looking to lose weight, reach for an oolong or white variety, such as Uncle Lee's Tea Organic White Tea (click for details).
- Try stirring two tablespoons of "whole" or "raw" chia seeds into a glass of water and wait a few minutes, drinking them down before the seeds absorb the water, to prevent fat absorption. Try an organic variety, such as Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds (click for information).
- Use metabolism boosters that are safe. The easiest way to jump-start your body's metabolism is by making small changes to the way you eat. It's as simple as adding foods with a spicy kick (such as pickled peppers or Tabasco sauce), green tea and ginger to your meals, says Dr. Oz. Put it all together with Traditional Medicinals Organic Fair Trade Certified Green Tea with Ginger Herbal Tea (click for details).
- Make healthy replacements. Dr. Oz suggests bittersweet chips to replace your candy bar, for example. Try Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate.
- Reduce cortisol by eating foods to reduce your levels, such as dark chocolate. Look for options that are pre-portioned for you, such as Toblerone Dark Chocolate Minis (click for details).