Do you know the hidden signs of stress? On his March 11 talk show, Dr. Mehmet Oz explained the different ways that stress affects your body. Get holistic solutions to the most common complaints. Plus: Discover how a high protein diet can benefit your weight loss.
Dr. Oz listed the following symptoms of stress:
- Hair loss: Talk with your doctor if your hair is falling out in clumps. This problem can be caused by stress but can be reversed.
- Stomach aches: If you suffer frequently from diarrhea, cramps or other stomach pains, stress could be the culprit.
- Rashes: If your skin has patches of red or rashes, stress may be causing inflammation.
Dr. Oz's guest expert Bryce Wylde is the author of "Wylde on Health: Your Best Choices in the World of Natural Health." Based on the latest research, he suggests these holistic remedies:
- For stress, increase blood flow to your head by putting your head between your knees.
- For fatigue, try black licorice extract.
- For an overall boost to your health, try omega-3 fatty acids.
- For relief from inflammation and anti-aging properties, go for exotic mushrooms.
- To stabilize your energy and sweeten food without blood sugar spikes, try Lucuma powder.
In addition, Dr. Oz tackled the topic of hunger. If you skip meals and ignore your hunger because you think it will help with weight loss, Dr. Oz has an important message for you: True hunger is a signal from your body that you need food.
To win at weight loss more easily, Dr. Oz suggests following these guidelines:
- Eat more protein, which makes you feel full sooner. High protein diets have been shown to result in faster weight loss: Read the latest study by clicking here.
- Space your meals and snacks throughout the day, setting a goal of eating every three hours to keep your metabolism functioning properly.
- Don't watch TV or read when you eat: Focus on mindful eating.