Dr. Mehmet Oz wants you to go nuts for nut butters. These healthy fats can boost your weight loss by satisfying your cravings and providing your body with healthy fats, said Dr. Oz on a recent episode of his talk show. Plus, get some recipes for turning ordinary nut butters into sweet treats.
Get ready to get nutty:
- You can win at weight loss and heart health with walnut butter, says Dr. Oz. This creamy delight contains omega-3s. Try spreading it over sliced apples.
- Please your palate with peanut butter. It's also good for your health because it is so high in protein and boosts your energy. It contains folate. Tip: Trying to keep your sodium low? Consider Trader Joe's Organic Peanut Butter Creamy and Unsalted (click for details).
- Almond butter wins for dieters: It's high in fiber and low in calories. Tip: Make calorie-counting easy with Barney Butter Almond Butter 90 Calorie Snack Packs (click for details).
- Heard of hazelnut butter? High in magnesium, it's an energy booster and can also reduce your weight when you use it as a dessert. Try the recipe below.
- Make room for macadamia nut, which has B1. It also have fabulous flavor when you make the sweet treat below. Tip: For extra flavor, try Anna's Choice Butter, Cashew Swirls, Cashew and Macadamia Nut (click for details).
Macadamia Chocolate Truffles Ingredients
- 1/4 cup organic dates
- 1/4 cup cacao powder, such as Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Cacao Powder (click for details)
- 2 tbsp macadamia nut butter
- 1/2 cup whole macadamia
- Pinch of sea salt
Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse together. Using clean hands, roll into small balls and place on a plate or in a plastic container to let set (covered) in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Hazelnut Cinnamon & Honey Roll-Ups Ingredients
- 1 whole wheat tortilla, or tortilla of choice
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp or a “drizzle” of honey
On a whole wheat tortilla, or tortilla of choice, spread two tablespoons of hazelnut butter, a dash of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey. Roll the tortilla up and eat as is or cut in one-inch pieces.