Dr. Oz is always game to explore controversial topics. On the Jan. 17 episode of the Dr. Oz Show, he discussed the healing power of angels with psychic Rebecca Rosen.
Dr. Oz said he was initially skeptical about Rosen's psychic ability, but was surprised when she told him some very specific details about his family that he has never publicly shared.
Rosen, author of Awaken the Spirit Within, she believes angels watch over us and we can harness their healing power by opening our consciousness to them.
“Angels are beings of light, and they’re sent to us to protect, comfort and heal us if we’re open to letting them in,” said Rebecca.
Rosen told Dr. Oz we should listen to our instincts and trust our gut when we get a strong feeling about something because that's a signal that a divine energy is trying to send us a message. Rebecca told Dr. Oz there are three steps we can take to draw on the healing power of angels:
LaKeisha Sturn's 100-Day Weight-Loss Challenge
Dr. Oz's next guest was LaKeisha Shurn, an overweight California woman who lost 18 pounds after working out for 100 consecutive days.
LaKeish didn't start off with a specific weight-loss goal in mind when she began her 100-day workout challenge, but just made it her goal to exercise a different body part every day.
Shurn, who had never exercised before, detailed her weight-loss journey in daily videos. LaKeisha, who once tipped the scales at 348 pounds, has since lost over 51 pounds and is thrilled to be under the 300-pound mark.
Shurn told Dr. Oz she had long struggled with depression and low self-esteem, and said working out every day dramatically boosted her self-confidence.
LaKeisha was so motivated when she started to look and feel better that she overhauled her eating habits and now follows a low-carb diet featuring lots of vegetables and greens. She told Dr. Oz her typical daily menu looks like this:
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with grape tomatoes and spinach.
- Lunch: A sandwich or salad with a side of spinach.
- Snack: Vegetables with guacamole dip.
- Dinner: Chicken with collard greens and tomatoes.
Antibiotic Power of Oil of Oregano
Dr. Oz said oil of oregano is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics doctors recommend to fight infection and boost your immune system. Dr. Oz said this inexpensive plant oil fights viruses and bacteria and can be used in other ways:
- Hand sanitizer. Add 10 drops of oregano oil to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Use it as a hand sanitizer (the coconut oil also acts as a moisturizer to keep your skin smooth).
- Decongestant. Add one drop of oil of oregano to basin of hot water. Breathe in the vapors with a towel over you head to clear stuffed sinuses.
- Treat acne. Add equal amounts of oregano oil to olive or coconut oil and dab it on your pimples with a swab before bedtime.