Yawn. Are you tired all the time, battling one energy crash after another? If fatigue has become your frenemy, then the energy solutions presented on Dr. Mehmet Oz's Jan. 14 talk show are your answer. End those energy crashes (ka-boom!) and regain your get up'n'go spirit fast with these quick fixes:
- Do you feel like a slug in the morning, even after a full night's sleep? Try two teaspoons of a new all-natural energy booster called oat straw extract in your juice or coffee in the morning.
- Oops. It's 11 a.m. and you're ready for a nap. Keep your energy up with rhodiola, which Dr. Oz calls "one of nature’s best energy builders." Try 100 mg to 200 mg daily.
- Attention, computer addicts! Problems separating yourself from your PC and difficulty sleeping at night? Try wearing orange or amber-lens glasses for two hours prior to bedtime. The reason: They block the light from your devices, which steal your melatonin.
- Get a kick out of kiwi. Just two kiwi daily can boost your energy, says Dr. Oz.
- Is a candy bar calling your name? Resist by indulging in the good-for-you, energizing delights of Dr. Oz's energy bar recipe (oh yum!). They combine protein, antioxidants and fiber. Perfect for an after-lunch treat.
Dr. Oz's No-Bake Energy Bars Ingredients
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
Directions: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Spread in a pan and put in the fridge for two hours. Slice and serve.