Could all-natural, holistic cures ease your biggest health problems? Dr. Mehmet Oz revealed natural ways to solve the most common health concerns on his March 7 talk show. From insomnia to pain to bloating and more, find out what you can use to feel better now. Plus: Discover the best weight loss snacks to satisfy your cravings.
Dr. Oz suggests the following natural cures for common problems:
- When you're suffering from aches caused by overdoing it at the gym or spending too much time scrubbing the floor, try a holistic solution rather than an over-the-counter medication, says Dr. Oz. He recommends arnica gel, such as Boiron Arnicare Gel for Muscle Aches.
- Stomach pain and bloating can result from indulging in fatty foods or even stress. Dr. Oz's holistic solution: Ginger herb tea. You can make your own with grated ginger root and boiling water or try tea bags such as Triple Leaf Ginger Tea Bags.
- Do you fall asleep, then wake up throughout the night? Try pumpkin seed powder stirred into warm milk. Sip before bed.
- When stress makes you miserable, try yoga. Steve Ross recommends doing gentle floor exercises. You can get more of his solutions in his book "Happy Yoga: 7 Reasons Why There's Nothing to Worry About."
In addition, Dr. Oz's expert Frances Largeman-Roth has the skinny on the best weight loss snacks. Whether you crave sweet, crunchy or salty, the right snack can help you slim down more easily. Frances is the author of "Eating in Color: Delicious, Healthy Recipes for You and Your Family."
If you crave:
- chewy treats such as candy: Instead eat dried fruit, granola bars or turkey jerky such as Old Wisconsin Turkey Snack Sticks.
- crunchy snacks such as cheese popcorn: Instead make air-popped popcorn at home with a product such as the Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper.
- creamy snacks such as ice cream: Instead switch to unsweetened applesauce or Greek yogurt. Our tip: Try sugar-free pudding such as sugar-free cheesecake pudding.