If you're feeling bloated and bewildered, Dr. Mehmet Oz has the solutions. On his October 14 talk show, Dr. Oz explained how to blast belly bulge, flush away toxins with the right foods and even boost your mood with tea.
When it comes to bloating and swelling that block your ability to wear your skinny jeans, adding these foods to your diet can help:
- peppermint tea
Want to flush toxins from your body? Try artichokes, soybeans and strawberries, says Dr. Oz. In addition, eating Brussels sprouts can help detoxify.
We all have those days where we feel like we're walking around under a dark cloud. Did you know that sipping tea can boost your mood? Try these teas to feel happier:
- Cacao tea is derived from cacao nibs. It's available in various forms, such as Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice Tea (click for details).
- Rosemary tea helps you feel more cheerful.
In addition, drinking certain teas can:
- Help prevent diabetes. Choose black tea.
- Reduce your risk of colon cancer. Choose white tea.
- Prevent Alzheimer's disease. Choose green tea.
And here's Dr. Oz's weight loss tip of the day: "The key to turning any household task into exercise is to pick up the pace or increase intensity and sustain it for as long as comfortably possible without taking a break. So if you have to clean the floors, throw on some upbeat music, and put some major muscle behind your mopping. And set yourself a goal to see if you can finish within a certain time limit. This will help you keep the activity intense enough to count it as exercise."