Want to get in the best shape of your life? Dr. Mehmet Oz and Olympic gold medal swimmer Natalie Coughlin, in partnership with California Dried Plums, have created the Total Body Reboot Challenge. Ready to feel as if you are at your prime in mind, body and spirit? Then on your mark, get set, go:
- Breakfast: Eat an energy-packed meal such as steel cut oats made with low-fat milk and topped with dried plums. My tip: Go for organic when possible, such as Newman's Own Organics California Prunes (and yes, "dried plums" are the old-fashioned prunes!). Prunes boost your potassium and fiber. And be sure to get regular, not instant, oats, such as Bob's Red Mill Organic Steel-Cut Oats (click here to get it now).
- Kickstart your day with yoga to ease tension, achieve serenity and loosen up your muscles. Learn more about yoga programs by clicking here to meet Shiva Rea.
- Do what you love when it comes to cardio, such as Zumba Dance.
- Eat small meals regularly to boost your metabolism.
- Multiple holistic studies have shown the benefits of tea. Green or oolong tea can boost your metabolism and burn fat faster. In addition, both contain antioxidants to protect you from cancer and reduce your risk of heart disease. My tip: If you don't like regular green tea, try a flavored variety, such as Stash Green Tea Assortment with flavors ranging from raspberry to mint.