Dr. Mehmet Oz discussed how to revive an anemic sex life on the April 3 episode of the Dr. Oz Show ("How to Revive Your Flatlined Sex Life").
Dr. Oz's guest was sex therapist and psychologist Esther Perel, who revealed that 15 percent of American marriages are sexless.
"By the time we are in our 30s and 40s, sex has become one of the last things on our to-do list," said Dr. Perel, author of Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence.
Perel said women start to lose interest in sex during their 30s and 40s because they're exhausted from being the caretakers to their husbands and children at home. They also feel like they're taken for granted and become emotionally distant from their partners.
Perel said a sexless marriage isn't necessarily doomed, but could signal that something's not right. She explained that you can have a warm, happy relationship without sex if it's affectionate and emotionally intimate. Perel told Dr. Oz that women sometimes start affairs because they crave emotional — not physical — intimacy.
Dr. Perel said there are five intimacy verbs that every couple should use to maintain a satisfying relationship:
Dr. Oz Reveals Anti-Aging Wrinkle Creams and Products
On a separate segment of his show, Dr. Oz unveiled more anti-aging wrinkle creams and products — a segment he started at the beginning of the year to help women look younger. Dr. Oz's guest was Alexis Farah, beauty editor at beauty editor at Everyday Health magazine.
Farah said these rejuvenation tips can fight wrinkles and give you youthful skin and hair.
1. Replace coffee with white tea. Dr. Oz said white tea has the highest antioxidant content of any tea, which will make your complexion look plumper and more rested. White tea also regulates blood sugar and promotes weight loss by curbing hunger.
2. Apple caffeine eye cream in the morning to reduce under-eye puffiness.
3. Use an alpha hydroxy acid exfoliator to slough off dead skin and unclog pores.
4. Add argan oil to your moisturizer before bed to rejuvenate your skin overnight.
5. Apply an avocado mask to your hair to strengthen and condition your locks.