If you leave or work in Downtown Miami, please read this important information about Downtown Miami public traffic, according to DDA site:
Florida Department of Transportation
SR836/I-395 Roadway Construction Project Begins TODAY
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is scheduled to begin TODAY, January 28, a roadway construction project. The project limits extend along SR 836/I-395 from NE 1 Avenue to Biscayne Bay in the City of Miami and approaching the City of Miami Beach. The work will last about 16 months and includes the following:
- Widening the roadway and bridges in order to provide three eastbound and three westbound travel lanes
- Installing a barrier wall along the median and outside of the roadway
- Building a retaining wall system
- Installing several drainage structures to improve storm water runoff
- Installing new lighting along the roadway
- Replacing an overhead sign structure along westbound I-395 near Biscayne Bay
- Repaving and restriping the westbound I-395 exit ramp to North Bayshore Drive and the eastbound I-395 entrance ramp to the MacArthur Causeway
- Improving the riding surface of the roadway
- Updating signage and pavement marking
- Relocating and removing several trees
To complete this work safely, it will be necessary to perform nighttime lane closures at times. Tasks will be done in stages and lane closures will be scheduled to keep traffic moving.
APPROVED LANE CLOSURE HOURS
- Monday through Thursdays from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Saturdays from 1 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Sundays from 1 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Lanes may also be closed when needed from midnight to 5:30 a.m. on Mondays
Upcoming Construction Activities:
Beginning today, January 28 in the evening, the contractor will begin restriping travel lanes along westbound I-395 in order to perform a traffic shift and set up a permanent work zone along the outside shoulder.
Beginning the evening of Wednesday, January 30, the contractor will begin restriping travel lanes along eastbound I-395 in order to perform a traffic shift and set up a permanent work zone along the outside shoulder.
One lane will remain open at all times. Once the work zone is established, there will be two continuous travel lanes along the inside of the roadway open for motorists.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SCHEDULE MAY CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER OR UNEXPECTED CONDITIONS.
Additional information is available by clicking here. You may also contact Construction Public Information Specialist Heather Leslie at 305-640-7462 or email her at Heather.Leslie@dot.state.fl.us. Drivers are encouraged to call 511 before they drive, or log onto www.fl511.com to get real-time traffic and lane closure information.