24th April 2014 - 6:45 PM
According to Miami DDA, "this year the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run is celebrating its 29th year! Traditionally this corporate run is the "first step toward fitness" and office tradition for employees and the companies they represent. Every year many teams are especially create to this traditional running. The many benefits and enjoyment of adding fitness to your life are well known and TeamFootWorks is proud to be involved in that process.
- The Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run series is open to teams of employees from corporations, businesses, and financial institutions. Company and employee eligibility determinations shall be made exclusively by the Series owner, TeamFootWorks and/or its authorized representative. All decisions shall be final. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- Employees of non-business organizations (e.g., federal, state, and municipal governments, quasi-governmental organizations and educational institutions) may compete and score only if they are on a team from the same unit, branch, chapter, or school at which they are directly employed.
- Participants must be actively employed, working a minimum of 25 hours a week.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age on the race date.
- Each participant must register online in order to be officially entered and eligible to run. Participants certify that they are medically fit to run and fulfill the previously-listed employment requirements.
- Each company must register a minimum of four entrants to form ONE complete team: a male team of four men - OR - a female team of four women - OR - a mixed team of two men and two women. Companies are only required to have one team of four, after which, any number of company participants are welcome. Incomplete teams and individual entries will not be accepted. Once a team is finalized, there will be no changes or substitutions.
Specific Race-Day Rules
- All participants must wear their assigned race numbers. Anyone found running with another person's number will be disqualified, and risks disqualification for the entire team. Race numbers must be clearly visible on the front of the torso during the race, displayed in full view, and may not be folded or cut in any way.
- Walker Policy: All walkers must start at the back of the field. They may not start in front of any runners, and may not start the race early. Walkers must complete the exact 3.1 mile course route and may not take optional or shortened routes. Violation of this policy may lead to disqualification of the entire company team from this and future Series events.
- All team members must participate unaided. Roller skates, skateboards, rollerblades, baby joggers, roller skis, bicycles, strollers, or animals are strictly prohibited anywhere along the race course. Their use will result in disqualification of the individual runner and possibly the entire company.
- There will be no promotions, giveaways or sampling of food or beverages allowed of any kind, unless otherwise given written permission by the Event Committee, the Series owner, TeamFootWorks and/or its authorized representative.
- NO REFUNDS and/or REIMBURSEMENTS.
- No paper-form registrations. All registrations will be done online.
- Due to the large number of entries to be processed, all company captains and participants acknowledge that company and individual entries which do not qualify under these rules, whether or not they have been accepted initially by TeamFootWorks, may be rejected by the Executive Race Committee either before or after any race and those teams and/or team members may be disqualified.
- The Series Owner reserves the right to delay, postpone, cancel, or not officially time any race in the event of adverse weather conditions. The determination of what constitutes adverse weather conditions is reserved solely to the Executive Race Committee. Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, even in the case of event cancellation.
- The Series Owner reserves the right to make additions, changes, or clarifications to these rules without prior notice to company teams or team members. The Series Owner will endeavor to advise teams of any rule change prior to the race, but any such change shall be considered binding upon all company teams and participants whether or not they have received notice of the change prior to the race.
- All rules are subject to interpretation by the Race Coordinator and Executive Race Committee. All decisions of the Executive Race Committee are final.
- The Series Owner reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entrant or team whose conduct is inappropriate to the spirit of the race. Individual disqualification may lead to the disqualification of the entire team and/or company for one or more races. It is expected that teams and team members will represent their company in the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run events in a sportsmanlike and professional manner.
- Violation of any of the rules indicated herein, in the Race Packet, and/or in the race day announcements, may result in disqualification of any participant, team, and/or entire company for one or more races. The decision of the Executive Race Committee is final."