Downton Abbey, the hit PBS series that has amassed critical acclaim and garnered numerous Emmy awards, has been the spark of conversation across many fashion forums and with good reason.
The series has returned back for another season for eager fans to peer into the pulsating drama, rich accents and most notably impeccable fashion sense that rival the House of Windsor.
Tailored cut blazers, embellished wide brim hats, bias-cut lace dresses, and satin gloves are just a few of the style highlights of the show, not to mention the swoon worthy styling’s of Violet Crawley.
On the runways Downton Abbey-esque influences can be seen on the Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani Prive and Christian Dior shows, all of which featured vintage acquired looks for their fall/winter collections. This season think outside the box, Downton Abbey style and shop inspired pieces from the beloved series…
1. August Hat ‘Angelica’ wide brim hat $88 nordstrom.com
2. Burberry Prorsum Purple velvet quilted blanket coat $3,195 burberry.com
3. Carven lace overlay dress $887 mytheresa.com
4. Manolo Blahnik ‘Lustra’ boots $573 bluefly.com
5. Zara color block dress $80 zara.com
6. IDA Mrs Thatcher blouse $295 donnaida.com
7. Dents ladies satin evening glove $20 houseoffraser.co.uk
8. Dolores red carnelian cameo pendant necklace $36 1928.com
9. True decadence brocade blazer $48 awear.com
10. MCQ Alexander McQueen black sheer raw edge dress $654 stylebop.com