A star-studded lineup of great college coaches past and present will be among the guests on Takedown Wrestling this Saturday, June 22, the weekly radio show announced Tuesday.
Join hosts Bob Selby, Steve Foster, Jeff Murphy, Brad Johnson, Terry Cook and Kurt Backes this Saturday 9:00-11:00 a.m. Central and 10 a.m.-noon Eastern.
Hour One of the show opens with Bobby Douglas, who made history as a wrestler and as a coach, guiding Arizona State and Iowa State to greatness. At 9:15, Joel Greenlee, head coach at Ohio University, takes the mic... followed at 9:35 by Mid-American Conference (MAC) rival Tom Borrelli of Central Michigan.
Dan Gable opens up the second hour of the broadcast with an update from the Committee for the Preservation of Olympic Wrestling (CPOW)... followed by Nebraska Husker head coach Mark Manning at 10:20, then Troy Steiner, assistant head coach at Oregon State, at 10:40.
Fans, athletes, coaches: This is your sport. Join in the conversation, ask questions. Call 866-333-5966 or 515-204-5966.
Takedown Wrestling is available on radio on AM 1460 KXNO, on your computer, your Blackberry or I Phone with the I Heart Radio App. KXNO.com, Takedownradio.com, I Heart Radio App
Takedown Wrestling's guest list for June 22:
- 9:03: Bobby Douglas - Hall of Fame coach for Iowa State and Arizona State
- 9:15: Joel Greenlee - Head Coach, Ohio Bobcats
- 9:35: Tom Borrelli - Head Coach, Central Michigan
- 9:50: Tyler Barkley - Max Muscle Sports Nutrition Update
- 10:00: Dan Gable - CPOW leadership update
- 10:20: Mark Manning - Head Coach, University of Nebraska
- 10:40: Troy Steiner - Assistant Head Coach, Oregon State
- 10:50: Peg Johnson - Wildrose Casino and Resort, Clinton, Iowa
The season may be over... but there's still news! Keep up with all the post-season awards, coach hirings, firings and retirings, new programs, and other developments year round... by clicking the "subscribe" button at the top of the page to make sure you don't miss a single article from College Wrestling Examiner, winner of Amateur Wrestling News' Dellinger Award as wrestling writer of 2011. It's absolutely FREE!