An interesting thought to probe; what could possibly be minimalism and yet in excess? Isn't that a contradictory statement? not when it comes to fashion, as the cliche suggests: "where anything goes"
Minimalism in excess is the minimalist trend steeped in luxury, i.e. minimalist pieces with a higher end look and price.
There are a few labels who have made a name for themselves specializing in this look such as Jil Sander Navy, Narciso Rodriguez and the Calvin Klein Collection.
You can invest in these classic styles that are never out of date, after all how could simplicity ever be outdated? Here are a few looks that play by the rule...
1. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Flare Dress $620 farfetch.com
2. Calvin Klein Collection Single Breasted Coat $2,075 farfetch.com
3. Proenza Schouler 'PS 13' Satchel $1,625 farfetch.com
4. Tibi Marled French Terry Mini Dress $300 net-a-porter.com
5. A.L.C. Mini Skirt $268 thecorner.com
6. Carven Slim Fit Cotton Gazar Cropped Pants $490 modaoperandi.com
7. Narciso Rodriguez Ankle Strap Sandal $795 barneys.com
8.Miu Miu 'Cady' A Line High Waist Skirt $365 flannels.com