"Donuts... is there anything they can' t do?" (Homer Simpson)
The American Red Cross is hoping that donuts can help save lives. For the month of March, Dunkin Donuts is partnering with the Red Cross to provide a coupon for a free donut to all blood donors.
The Indiana-Ohio branch of the American Red Cross has announced a new partnership with Dunkin Donuts. In observance of American Red Cross month, Dunkin Donuts is providing donuts for donations. Sharyn Whitman, CEO for the Indiana-Ohio Blood Services Region of the American Red Cross, says “We’re grateful to Dunkin’ Donuts for building good will through their generous gift to blood donors.”
Despite all the medical advances due to biotechnology, there is still no substitute for human blood in many emergency situations. It is a simple truth that many lives depend on the generosity of the people who donate blood.
Blood donations are negatively affected by cold and snowy winter weather. Several Fort Wayne blood drives had to be cancelled in the past few months due to the miserable snow. But now it's March, the weather HAS to improve, and, best of all, there are donuts involved. So now is the time to donate blood to save lives.
There are plenty of opportunities this month to donate blood and collect free donut coupons. Some of the upcoming area blood drives are:
Tuesday, March 16, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. at the Memorial Coliseum, located at 4000 Parnell Ave. in Fort Wayne. Come to donate and receive a t-shirt. This blood drive is sponsored by the Mad Ants.
· Tuesday, March 16, from 8 a.m. until 1p.m. at American Electric Power/Chase Bank, located at One Summit Square on the 18th floor in Fort Wayne. Please call 425-2384 or 427-8452 to schedule your blood donation appointment.
· Thursday, March 18, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. at Kelley Automotive, located at 633 Avenue of Autos in Fort Wayne. Please call 434-4710 to schedule your blood donation appointment.
· Saturday, March 27, from 8 a.m. until 12 noon at Glenbrook Hyundai, located at 4801 Coldwater Road in Fort Wayne. Come to donate and receive a free oil change coupon good for up to 5 quarts of non-synthetic oil at Glenbrook Hyundai. Please call 484-9531 to schedule your blood donation appointment.
· Saturday, March 27, from 8 a.m. until 12 noon at Glenbrook Dodge, located at 100 W. Coliseum in Fort Wayne. Come to donate and receive a free oil change coupon good for up to 5 quarts of non-synthetic oil at Glenbrook Dodge. Please call 482-5377 to schedule your blood donation appointment.
· Monday, March 29, from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, located at 630 Lincoln Highway E. in New Haven.
Or come to the Fort Wayne Donor Center for whole blood or platelet donation. For their hours click on the following link.
So come out to a blood drive, get a donut, and save lives.
For the Northern Indiana Red Cross web site, click here.
For more information about the Red Cross or blood donation in general, click here.