The election is over, and Barack Obama has been safely ensconced in the Oval Office for another four years.
Former enemies are now eligible for friendship so long as they have something the president wants. Like a $7.6 million, 9.5-acre estate on Martha’s Vineyard, where the president and his family can enjoy some much-needed R & R in the lap of luxury.
Not that David Schulte, the owner of the complex, is an enemy — just his profession. He is a “vulture capitalist.” You recall the term from Team Obama’s vicious 2012 smear campaign against Republican candidate Mitt Romney, don’t you? The difference between Schulte and Romney is that the former’s money is the right shade of green. He uses it to line the pockets of fellow Democrats.
OK, so Schulte is not Romney, and his private-equity firm is not Bain Capital. Unfortunately for our hypocrite-in-chief and his defenders, his golf partner on Sunday does have ties to Bain. The Wall Street Journal’s Washington Wire blog reports:
President Barack Obama hit the golf course Sunday with a campaign donor who has represented the venture-capital firm he repeatedly attacked in the 2012 election.
Mr. Obama is spending some of the last hours of his eight-day vacation on Martha’s Vineyard with Eunu Chun, a lawyer who has represented Bain Capital.
The article goes on to note that Chun raised funds for Obama’s re-election bid last year, adding that he is not the only Obama backer with blood on his hands. Jonathan Lavine, a managing director at Bain also raised between $100,000 and $200,000 to help Obama win a second term.
- Obama’s Martha’s Vineyard vacation rental is from a ‘vulture capitalist’
- Obama campaign website has image of Romney with dunce cap (Photos)
- Obama’s P. T. Barnum campaign strategy is working
- Obama campaign received $4.5 million from residents of fake zip codes
- Obama super PAC refuses to pull scurrilous TV ad
- A golfing Obama skips one hole to avoid being photographed
- GOP in self-destruct mode redux: The Bain attacks on Romney
- Has Obama at last become the one they’ve been waiting for?
- Is Obama campaigning on the taxpayer dime—again?
- Paging candidate Everyman
- How do you solve a problem like Obama: Let the games begin
- Obama has made good on his promise
- Obama fund-raising video filmed at WH violates campaign funding laws
- Obama’s upcoming bus tour of swing states to be financed by taxpayers (Video)
- Obama's "Recovery Summer" clashes with predictions that another recession is looming