How effective is your exercise time? Are you focused and feeling the burn or are you tuned-out and distracting yourself from accomplishing real work?
If you take the time to exercise, you must be somewhat serious about your health and desire to have your body speak to your efforts. Use the following tips to get more out of your exercise time!
- Focus your mental energy. Researchers saw a significant increase in muscle activity when people focused on what they were doing, compared to thinking about unrelated topics.
- Have an audience. Researchers saw a significant increase in strength and endurance in people who had an audience, compared to those training on their own.
- Get a caffeine boost. Caffeine has been shown to help burn fat and increase your endurance. The most effective amount seems to be around 300mg one hour prior to working out. Of course check with your doctor first!
- Pump up the volume. Listen to upbeat music while you exercise. Researchers have found that personal music motivated weightlifters to complete two more repetitions on average than those who were not listening to music.
- Keep things fresh. Alter your routine often. This will help you avoid plateaus and will continue to challenge your body. Try new exercises, new intensities and new environments.
- Stay nourished and hydrated. Pay attention to your food and your hydration levels. You'd be amazed how much being dehydrated can affect your performance even away from the gym.
- Find your magic time. Work out when your body is at its best. If you're not a morning person, do not force the issue on your body.
- Wear clothes that you love. Not only will you be happy to put them on and show them off, but you will be able to focus completely on the task at hand, rather than stressing that your pants will split whenever you squat.
- Make sure the shoe fits. Can you imagine a tap dancer performing without tap shoes? Your shoes are just as important! With correctly fitted shoes for your workout or sport, you'll keep your feet, ankles, knees, and back protected and healthy.
- Use a professional. Allow me to design your workouts so that you are being challenged and seeing results.
Don't know where to start when it comes to exercise? That's where I come in. It's my passion to make exercise a regular and enjoyable part of your life. I'd like to see you enjoy all of the healthy rewards of being fit. Call or email me today and we will get you started on the exercise program that is right for you.