No doubt you take great care of your face; cleansing, moisturizing, and exfoliating. You probably use sunscreens, serums, masks and anti-aging treatments to protect skin from damage and gravity. But it isn’t just the delicate skin on our faces that needs special attention. Don’t forget to care for your neck and décolleté, as these areas can often show signs of damage and give away age.
Top beauty brands know this to be true as well, as many skin care lines offer products designed to both reverse and prevent damage. Exfoliation of the neck and décolleté is important as well, so that creams and serums can more deeply penetrate the skin. And with spring and summer right around the corner, you’ll want to be sure to protect your neck and décolleté from increased sun exposure. Have a look at the options below.
• Cindy Crawford has said she is religious about caring for her décolleté, and that is reflected in her skin care line Meaningful Beauty. The brand offers several products for the neck and chest, including a Skin Brightening treatment with SPF 15.
• Popular makeup brand bareMinerals doesn’t stop at the jaw line. The brand’s arsenal includes the Extra Firming Neck Cream for day and night use. The non-greasy formula is popular for both is fresh scent and firming properties.
• ReVive Fermitif Neck Renewal Cream SPF 15 is designed to prevent sagging skin, and protect from future damage. Available at Neiman Marcus, this cream is part of a luxurious line of products from ReVive.
• StriVectin also includes a Firming Neck Cream in their skin care line, and if you haven’t tried StriVectin, you should. The neck cream includes tightening proteins to help firm sagging and aging skin. You can find the complete StriVectin line at Ulta.
• If you are in need of a more cost-efficient offering, L’Oreal offers a great choice at under $20. This cream can be used day or night, and includes a retinol to both reverse and prevent damage.
It is important to keep your primary purpose in mind when choosing a neck and décolleté cream. If you are looking to firm or reduce the appearance of damage, your product choice may differ than those looking for a preventative treatment. Some creams offer firming properties, and some are designed to brighten skin and protect from the sun’s rays. Either way, however, you will likely want to ensure your chosen product includes a sunscreen.
Now . . .bring on the sundresses and tank tops!