This weekend if you are looking for a good beer, then you should go to the 40th Annual Oktoberfest this weekend. The annual beer drinking fair has been getting bigger every year and this year the Annual Oktoberfest covers a five block section of La Mesa and is free to attend as in past years. The Annual Oktoberfest attracts over 196,000 people over a three day period and is expected to push over 200,000 this year. The beer festival started last night Friday, October 4th and goes throughout the weekend.
Hours of Oktoberfest:
- Friday, October 4th (11:00 am to 11:00 pm)
- Saturday, October 5th (11:00 am to 11:00 pm)
- Sunday October 6th (11:00 am to 5:00 pm)
So what are some of the things that you should make sure not to miss this year:
- Homestyle Bootleg Brew Root Beer - This root beer is sold here every year and you can buy a flask for 7 dollars and get refills for just 2 dollars and you will be hard pressed to not want a refill of this awesome root beer.
- Frutopia - This hand dipped chocolate desserts are found every year at La Mesa Oktoberfest and make the perfect dessert for either yourself or to share with someone.
- The Beer Gardens- How can you go to Oktoberfest and not have a beer. Having a good selection of both German beers and Sam Adams beers you can please everyone in your party that needs a good beer. Hint: if you do not want to stand in line for the large beer garden. La Mesa has smaller beer gardens that are easier to get in to throughout Oktoberfest.
So if you are looking for good shopping, great food from tri-tip sandwiches, funnel cake and kettle corn, to a few good beers. This is one annual event in La Mesa that you should not miss, even though they have a booth from one of the hated people in the show Storage Wars you will enjoy yourself. Enjoy your beer.