Federal webpages that would normally have information on prevention of abuse or improving relationships are closed second to the federal government shut down. HHS, domestic violence preventions, teen dating violence and such are either limited or frozen in their functions. Normally, there would be repeated information rolled out about domestic safety and improving home life, but there is little or nada.
The whole purpose of prevention is to know sooner, act sooner and stay balanced.
Many couples don't know what is wrong, don't know where to turn and find searching exhausting.
With federal health and protections webpages funding shut, some aren't providing the same info they might otherwise.
Here is a list of general articles that are food for thought more than "fix it" solutions. To the right of the link is the briefest of descriptors.
One article is anectdotally truly meant to be FUNNY. See if you can figure out which one that is.
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-cry-as-much-as... Empathy
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-you-re-gonna-c... Denial
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-realistic-reas... Contracts
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-turn-right-bac... Back Together :Breakup to make up?
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-readiness-requ... Honesty
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-never-the-same... Men roles change and what are the needs ?
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-developing-hop... Hope
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-this-ain-t-real Childhood Abuse history and YOU. What to do with Chris Brown disclosure as couples or parents
- http://www.examiner.com/article/stress-management-couples-abuse-and-infi... Infidelity and U this can be men or women, but where is it coming from and what do you do?
All couples deserve to have a safe environment to love in. Look in your local directory for support services or contact United Way 211 from a land line. I am a professional counselor in Oklahoma City for 25+ years.