Meyers continues to be one of the top-level female bowlers in the area, and this week's performances certainly enhance those credentials.
Rolling in the After Hours Bail Bonds/Advanced Home Improvement League at AMF Venice Lanes on Wednesday, Meyers strung 11 strikes to begin her last game before a final-ball 2-4-5-8 "bucket" leave forced her to settle for a 296 game that completed a 667 series, upping her average to 203.
Two nights earlier, in the Kays-Ponger-Uselton Women's League at Treasure Lanes, Meyers fired a 657 series that included a 246 game, and her average now stands at 204 in that league. Last week in the K-P-U League, she blasted a 277 game in a 691 series, and she also had a recent 258 game in the TGIF League at AMF Venice.
Perfect games at Treasure and Bowland
Last week in the Kays-Ponger-Uselton Men's League at Treasure Lanes, Cyr finished a 722 series with a 299 game, but this week, he did even better. In increasing his average to 216, Cyr rolled games of 278, 204 and 300 for a 782 series.
Competing in the Al Davis Memorial League at Bowland Port Charlotte, White rolled a 300 game, which was exactly 100 pins over his average. The perfecto came in the middle of a 694 series.
Meanwhile, George Barlow posted a first-game 290 for the second consecutive week in the Guys & Dolls Mixed League at Treasure Lanes. Last week, he strung 11 strikes to finish his opening game en route to a 713 series, and this week, the 220-average player had a 290 to jump-start a 694 set.
Two area bowlers blasted far-over-average games. Chad McDonald rolled a 109-over 266 as part of a 166-over 637 series in the Environmental A/C League at AMF Gulf Gate, and Sascha Barkhoff had a 100-over 285 game in the Gormans & Avare Enterprises League at AMF Venice.
James Creutz connected for a 169-over-average 772 series in the Al Davis Memorial League at Bowland Port Charlotte, and Jason Gottfried had a 141-over 690 series in the same league. In addition, Gerald Lord posted a 165-over 744 series that included a 275 game in the Guys & Dolls League at Treasure Lanes.
In other high-score reports from area bowling establishments:
- TREASURE LANES: Jerry Weese 279-718 and 266-728, Fred Wilson 279-705, Scooter Bunkley 278, Mike Aleshire 274-707 and 266-765, Dominic Orlando 268, Gary Toma 267-708, Wayne Carr 267-704, Josh Boshford 265, Ed Burlison 724, Tim Thompson 714, Harold Moore 713, Joe Murray 712, John Hoppe 712, Jonathan Spooner 703, Oliver Jones 702; Dolores Meyers 246-657, Claire Todd 243-605, Judy Tucker 237, Wendy Aldridge 236-669, Renae Gross 235, Bobbie Jo Weese 233-601, Lois Jones 231, Sue Bogardus 605.
- SARASOTA LANES: Richard McLaughlin 279-755, Mike Thompson 279-742, Patrick O'Dell 279-701, Cory Anderson 279, Pete DeLise 267-733, Saul Insignares 267, Joseph Iafe 266.
- AMF VENICE: Jeff Pennell 289, Mike Zink 279, Earl Knopf 279, Chris Sell 278, Rich Garber 275, Dave Cottrill 269 and 715, Ken McDougall 268-707 and 265-729, Steve Kosinski 730, Terry Cline 719, Greg Sell 712, Jeff Stapleton 705; Dolores Meyers 258.
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: Jim Pedigo 287, Robb VanGaasbeck 279, Bill Grey 279, Daniel Gassera 266-728, Mike Janosik 733.
- AMF GULF GATE: Earl Knopf 279-728, Donny Bartlett 277-712, Ed Camp 269, John Favara 268, Todd Logan 267; Beth Owen-Cipielewski 247-661, Tammy Ziegler 244, Farrel Hansen 232, Janet Romig 619.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: Guy Jones 289, Jesse Jones 277-728; Cindy Meals 648, April Harmon 624.