Dog pooper scoopers can be a critical part of caring for your pets. Having a pooper scooper can help you keep your outside dog area cleaned up and healthier for you and your dogs. Bags are great for daily walks, and some people like them for yard clean up too, but a good pooper scooper may be easier for you on a daily basis.
The folks are ThePurpleStore sent over a purple pooper scooper for this reporter to try, and I liked how it worked for my dogs. Things that make a pooper scooper work in most dog yards would be size, durability, materials, and the ability to clean.This scooper was good on all fronts.
When looking for a pooper scooper, you want one that is easy to use, keeps your hands clean, has a handle length that is tall enough to use while standing upright, easy to clean, lightweight and sturdy, and a biggie is being able to transport the waste without spilling.
You've probably read about the scoop on poop here before, and here are some additional tips to making pooper scooper duty as simple as possible.
- Clean up after your dog immediately every time. (This makes marathon sessions a thing of the past.)
- Use clip-on bag dispensers and waterless hand sanitizers when taking walks or running errands with your dog.
- Use biodegradable and Eco-friendly products as much as possible.
- Clean your pooper scooper after using, and be careful not to spray fecal material all over the area you are cleaning the scooper in during the cleaning process. Using a bleach solution is a good option for cleaning your scooper tools too.
- Always wash your hands after handling pet waste.
If you are squeamish about pooper scooping, contact a local pooper scooper business and invest in a dog walker that will pick up after your pet on walks. There are a million good reasons to clean up after your pets and not one good one to leave the poop on the ground.
What's your favorite way to pooper scoop?