Skip to main content
  1. Life
  2. Pets
  3. Dogs

Dog owners warned after poisoned meatballs are discovered

See also

According to Wednesday's KKTV News, dog owners in a neighborhood north of Boulder, Colo., are on alert after several dogs became ill from eating tainted meatballs which were left at a park.

The Boulder County Sheriff's Office reported that the raw meatballs, believed to contain rat poison, were initially discovered on Monday at a park located in a neighborhood in Gunbarrel. According to the Denver Channel, a total of six meatballs were found at the park, which is located at 5150 Buckingham Road.

Three dogs are believed to have consumed the tainted meatballs, including a six-month-old golden retriever named "Amos." The puppy is being monitored and has been undergoing repeated blood work.

The frightening situation is under investigation - anyone with information is asked to get in touch with the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office at (303) 441-4444 - callers should reference case number 14-1915.

If you would like to continue receiving the latest animal related news, tips and advice, please click the "Subscribe" icon which is located near the top, left portion of this column. It is free and anonymous to sign up.

Follow the National Dog News Examiner on Facebook and Twitter!

I am human, if you see a typo, please let me know. Questions, comments or story ideas can be emailed to Eims1@live.com. Please note - due to the heavy volume of emails received, I am unable to respond to each and every request, but they are all appreciated!

Advertisement