San Diego is one of the most canine friendly cities in the country complete with off-leash dog beaches and parks, dog-friendly restaurants, Yappy Hours and lots of pup-focused events. June is one of the best months in San Diego for all of our favorite four-legged friends with an array of local San Diego dog events from Mutt Movie Night to Canine Cocktails.
Get in on all the furry fun with these dog-friendly San Diego events:
- Mutt Movie Night, June 1, 2014: Kick back and watch a movie cuddled up with your pups for a unique pet-friendly experience. If you'd rather let them play while you relax, there is also a fenced in dog park available for some quality canine socializing. Enjoy bottomless popcorn, dog treats and 20% off food for just $10. All proceeds go to Furry Foster pet rescue.
- Canine Cocktails at Hotel Indigo, June 12, 2014: Hotel Indigo is one of San Diego's premier dog-friendly destinations. Dogs are not just welcome at Hotel Indigo, they are pampered as soon as their paws hit the property. This pet-friendly San Diego hotel understands the importance of socializing pets as well as their humans, so Hotel Indigo's posh Level 9 rooftop lounge hosts Canine Cocktails for humans and their best four-legged friends.
- Doga Yoga and Bonfire Yappy Hours, June 13, 2014: Full Moon Doga Yoga is a beginner yoga class where yogis of all levels can bring their pampered pooches for an hour of relaxation (limit one dog per student). Located at Playa Pacifica Park near Mission Bay, all proceeds from Doga Yoga go toward Furry Foster to help in the rescue of animals in need.
- Doggie Cafe, June 27, 2014: For $10 you and your pooch can have some on-leash doggie fun at Doggie Cafe presented by the San Diego Humane Society. Learn how to keep your pet calm in the face of distractions. Behavior and training specialists will be on hand and complimentary desserts and treats will be provided. Plus all proceeds benefit the San Diego Human Society.
- Candles for Companions, June 27, 2014: This San Diego dog-friendly event is a great way to celebrate the lives of those beloved pets we've lost. There will be music, vendors, and training tips as well as refreshments and a raffle. The evening will end with a candle lighting and moment of silence for all those wonderful pets we've lost and all proceeds benefit SENA Animal Rescue.