Off leash exercise is excellent for dogs. They can meander, lope or run fill tilt, pacing themselves. They can socialize with other dogs, fetch balls, jump for frisbees or practice agility. Off leash time is also a great opportunity to reinforce training and obedience to commands.
In Miami, dogs are welcome off leash at these parks and beaches:
- Amelia Earhart Bark Park, 4100 East 65th, Hialeah
- Belle Isle Park, Island Avenue, Miami
- Blanche Park, Shipping and Virginia, Miami
- Dog Chow Dog Park, 2600 South Bayshore, Coconut Grove
- Flamingo Bark Park, 13th and Michigan Avenue, Miami Beach
- Perrine Wayside Park, 16425 South Dixie Highway, Miami
- Rickenbacker Causeway Beach, Miami
- Southe Pointe Park, South Fifth, Miami (experimental off-leash hours posted)
- Washington Park, Second Street and Collins, Miami
A comprehensive list, with descriptions, of both off-leash and leashed parks for dogs can be found at Pet Rescue Miami.