“The mission of Dodger ownership is to create ways to enhance the experience for all of our fans,” Dodger President and CEO Stan Kasten said. “Dodger Stadium is a treasured piece of the Los Angeles community and we will respect that heritage while restoring and enhancing the venue for our fans in the 21st century. When the improvements are completed, the stadium will retain its classic look, but it will have a more comfortable feel. This is a most ambitious program for a single off-season. We are grateful to Dodger fans for their input into the improvements that will be most meaningful to their game experience.”
The improvements to the stadium are as follows:
- New High Definition video boards in left field and right field. Existing message boards, including ribbon boards at the Loge level and outfield wall, will be replaced with the new technology as well. The unique hexagon shape of both scoreboards will be restored.
- A new sound system directed to minimize echoes and sound migration outside the stadium
- A state-of-the-art Wi-Fi network and cellular antenna system to support cell-phone and internet connectivity from mobile devices
- Wider concourses and additional locations for wheelchair bound fans and their companions on all levels
- Expanded and renovated restrooms with substantially more fixtures
- Food service enhancements to loge, reserve and upper reserve levels including new stands, cooking facilities and menus. Details will be announced prior to the start of the season.
- New Field Level entry plazas and bullpen overlooks to create standing room areas with a view of the game
- A new home team clubhouse, expanded and enhanced training/conditioning areas, and new batting cages for both teams
“Dodger Stadium is a jewel in the heart of Los Angeles. It's a place where Angelenos from all walks of life have come together for decades,” said Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. “I'm very pleased to see that the team's owners are investing in exciting and needed upgrades that will help attract new fans and refresh this civic icon.”
The team has already spent an abundance of money starting with last season, signing Adrian Gonzalez, Hanley Ramirez, Josh Becket and Carl Crawford, while also adding Zack Greinke in the offseason, and the Magic Johnson backed group continues to improve the team's outlook.