Texas is an important market for Dodge brand and, in fact, is the number one state with sales in Texas up over 58 percent compared to Dodge sales for the whole U.S. up , a still impressive, 44 percent.
The Dodge Durango full-size three-row SUV is up 46 percent in Texas while Durango is up 39 percent in the rest of the country.
With the "new" and even more impressive 2014 Dodge Durango coming this next month, the Durango market share should increase in this segment as more customers are attracted to the increased value, performance and technology in the 2014 Durango.
In recognition of the role of Texas in the full-size SUV market segment, Dodge is introducing the Texas Heat special edition that will be available exclusively in Texas before the end of the year.
The 2014 Dodge Durango Texas Heat will be based on the Durango SXT with much of the SXT standard equipment including:
- The 290 horsepower with the award winning Pentastar V6 engine
- Class-exclusive eight-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters
- Class-exclusive Rotary Shifter
- Fuel economy up to 25 mpg Highway
- New 7-inch TFT Reconfigurable Gauge Cluster
- Uconnect with 5-inch touch screen media center
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Keyless Enter ‘n Go with Push Button Start
- Three row 7-passenger Seating
- Signature LED Racetrack Taillights
The Heat will come with added features like:
- 20-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
- Chrome Grille with Chrome Inserts
- Bright Door Handles
- Bright Mirror Caps
- Bright Side Roof Rails
- Power Driver’s Seat
- Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
The MSRP for the 2014 Dodge Durango Texas Heat special edition will be $32,990.
Additional details including other equipment options and pricing along with any other colors, beside the Deep Cherry Red Crystal we saw at the State Fair of Texas Auto Show, will be announced closer to arrival at Texas dealers.