New workout products from DOD Fitness help people work out safely and in comfort. These new fitness tools make it easier for people with problem knees, wrists and necks to do moves that were almost impossible for them before.
The Knee Donuts, Wrist Wedges and Neck Circles provide the support, stability and comfort needed for those who have trouble putting weight on their wrists and knees and/or need support for their neck. Company president, Gretchen Zelek explains, “The line was tested by a team of fitness pros including experts in biomechanics, kinesiology and chiropractors.”
All of the DOD Fitness products are made in the USA. Their specially designed foam is covered in a waterproof, sweat-proof and bleach-proof coating. The foam is made to a specific density to provide support and cushioning. They are extremely lightweight and easy to take to a class or gym. The products are appropriate for anyone to use at home or in a workout studio. Personal trainers, physical therapists, yoga and Pilates teachers will be able to help their clients further their fitness goals. Gyms offering these products will be able to draw more students in their group fitness classes.
The Knee Donut can prevent, reduce, or eliminate knee pain while in a weight bearing position.
• It provides structural support for the patella (kneecap.)
• Unlike other knee cushions, the donut shape prevents the patella from ever touching the floor.
• A great tool for gardening too.
• The Knee Donut is safe for those who have had knee replacement surgery.
The Wrist Wedge was ergonomically designed to reduce stress and pain during weight bearing exercises like push-ups and planks.
• The entire hand rests on the wedge with the fingers on the downward slope. The angle of the Wrist Wedge reduces the degree of wrist extension; this decreases the pressure on the wrist.
• The measurements and angle were determined to be biomechanically sound and suitable for people of all ages. The Pebble Ultrak, textured surface provides non-slip traction and can sustain high volume use.
The Neck Circle was invented for anyone who feels neck tension during or after exercise.
• The Neck Circle keeps the head in a neutral position creating proper alignment.
• When placed under the base of the head the height provides cushion and support thus creating a biomechanically optimal position.
The Knee Donuts and Wrist Wedges are sold as a pair for $19.99 for each pair. The Neck Circle is $9.99. A complete set of all three products in a handy tote bag is $44.99. DOD Fitness Tools can be found at www.dodfitness.com and in select retails outlets, such as Winners Sports in the United States and Canada.