On Aug. 19 Huffington Post reports that a 70-year-old man was admitted to a hospital in Australia for bleeding urethral meatus after he stuffed a four-inch fork in his urethra approximately 12 hours before coming to the hospital. The man inserted the fork himself to achieve sexual gratification. The fork was successfully removed using forceps and an inordinate amount of lube, once he was able to successfully use the restroom on his own he was able to go home. No surgery was required.
There are serious urinary consequences to shoving things in your urethra, and it can seriously cause damage that can lead to sepsis as well as several other horrible illnesses, including death.
A fork is not the only thing that people have stuck in their urethra; In the past, doctors have reported vegetables, snakes, cocaine, light bulbs, straws, safety pins, and many other unnatural things. This is very dangerous to your overall health and while many cite sexual gratification, they rarely achieve it in this fashion because they get hurt instead.
Luckily, this was the first incident of this gentleman being admitted for such injury, for his sake, hopefully it will be the last.