New Year's Resolutions often end up being way to general for people seeking true lifestyle changes each year. There are several ways your can set yourself up for success with your resolutions. So, increase your chances this year and don't just "Get in Shape." The prep work is crucial for you to establish, so you don't burn out and flutter away at the end of January with the rest of the temporary gym crowd.
STEP Numero Uno:
- Be Specific - A specific goal has a much greater chance of being accomplished than a general goal. To set a specific goal you must answer the six "W" questions:
- Who is involved?
- What do I wat to accomplish?
- Identify the location. Where?
- Establish a time frame. When?
- Identify steps, requirements and possible challenges. Which?
- Write down specific reasons, purpose and benefits of accomplishing it. Why?
EXAMPLE: A general goal would be, "Get in shape." But a specific goal would say, "Join a health club and workout 3 days a week or walk 5 miles at an aerobically challenging pace.”