Skip to main content
  1. Life
  2. Health & Fitness
  3. Mental Health

Do you deserve success?

See also

Some people are successful, some are not. What makes the difference?
How is it that some people work long, hard hours and.never seek to get anywhere whereas for others success comes easy?

Most of us want to be successful, or think we do. We want success because of.how.much better we feel out lives will be. We imagine success as material comfort and spiritual bliss. We believe that being successful is being happy. Success is a goal.

Unfortunately, most people do not enjoy success. According to Lisa Trudel, a Career Consultant with the Office Workers Career Centre in Canada (weacanada.ca/.../0901traitsofsuccessfulpeople), 95% of North American workers are not successful. The other 5%, along with good work habits, focus and support, seem to have betterbetter self-esteem.

Leslie Fieger, a mentor and coach(http://www.lesliefieger.com/articles/deserve_success.htm), sees attaining success not so much as doing the right things, but rather thinking a certain way. If you continue to have the right mindset, you will become more and more successful.

There are many people who will offer methods to become successful. Brain Tracy, a.well-known and respected sales trainer, talks about working hard, doing what you love, and not giving up (http://www.briantracy.com/blog/sales-success/key-to-success-sales-career...).

So there are many methods and people that will help guide you to success. Still, many people will follow any number of these methods and still not succeed. They will try oneethod, get frustrated and feel that it is not quite right for them when it does not work, and try another one, only to still be frustrated.

Perhaps at that point, people may start thinking about giving up. They may feel for example, that they are in the wrong line of work. They may feel that there are too many external factors working against them, that the economy is bad or there is too much competition. Of course, either of these factors may have some validity.

Others may feel that they are simply not destined to succeed. They may have bad karma or their horoscopes or astrological signs are working against them.

Perhaps the real reason some don't succeed is because they don't believe they deserve to succeed. These people will study techniques, repeat affirmations, affect a.happy demeanor--all to no avail.

What is happening is that these people mean well and work hard. They do the work and make a great presentation or set up. But in he end, they sabotage themselves. They find a reason for it not to work or they do something to ensure failure.
While coaching and mentoring saying affirmations and being happy are all good ideas and have a place in developing success, consudeconsider that success comes from withinm In order to be.successful, it helps to feel worthy of success. In order to feel worthy of success, it helps to feel worthy. Ithelps ro have good self-esteem.

Many people may not have had a good support system throughout key parts if rjeirtheir lives. They may have had significant people who did not praise them at the right times or demeaned them a lot, instilling feelings that they were not good enough and never would.be.

This can be overcome by having a positive relationship with yourself loving yourself unconditionally. It may help to look at reality and see that there really is no good reason for not deserving success. Sometimes just knowing this about yourself is enough to turn yourself around.

So if you find that things just don't seem to work out look inward and start by developing self-esteem. The rest will fall into place.

Advertisement

Life

  • Dead babies found
    Seven dead babies were found in Utah resident Megan Huntsman's old home
    Video
    Shocking Discovery
  • Kendall Jenner
    Get the Coachella looks: Kendall Jenner’s nose ring, green hair and edgy nails
    Camera
    Coachella Look
  • Dog's Easter basket
    How to fill your dog’s Easter basket with the perfect toys
    Easter Basket
  • Rabbit owners
    Bringing home the bunny: Important information for rabbit owners
    Camera
    7 Photos
  • Haunted island
    The world’s most haunted island may soon be the most haunted luxury resort
    Haunted Resort
  • Sunken ferry
    Search continues for missing passengers after a ferry sinks off the South Korean coast
    Video
    Sunken Ferry

User login

Log in
Sign in with your email and password. Or reset your password.
Write for us
Interested in becoming an Examiner and sharing your experience and passion? We're always looking for quality writers. Find out more about Examiner.com and apply today!