Healthy eating and drinking is an important part of a nutritional lifestyle. Imagine the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that a smoothie can produce when you include the right ingredients. Here we have some powerful super foods as ingredients that are good for you in so many ways.
Mangoes, old-fashioned oats, milk and honey are some of the top healthy foods to provide lots of value when consumed as well as great taste and a thick smoothie with a little extra texture that will give you the feeling of being full. A great little treat that is healthy that will fill that hunger void and still not ruin dinner a few hours later.
Whole milk will aid in making this drink a little thicker but if you prefer skim milk or either one or two percent milk that will also work providing a slightly thinner smoothie. You can also use lactose-free milk if you are lactose intolerant or if you want some added flavor try almond milk the next time around.
- ¼ cup of mango, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup of oats
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ teaspoon of honey
- 1 pinch of green cardamom powder
- Soak the oats in ¼ cup of water in a covered container overnight in the refrigerator.
- The following day place the oats and the remaining ingredients in the blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass or two smaller glasses and share the goodness.
- If you already have some oats already prepared without any additions you can use them and make the smoothie immediately. Just add a handful of ice cubes to the blender when you place the rest of the ingredients in to start the blending process.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved