The 2013 Sony Open men’s and women’s winners return to The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami for the fifth consecutive year in a gathering of the world’s top tennis players. The March 18 event gives 24 amateur players the opportunity to play in a Round Robin qualifying tournament in which the winners earn a chance to play against and alongside the top professionals.
The Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne is one of South Florida’s more popular beach resort, featuring four restaurants and lounges, spa and water activities.
The resort is offering an “Ultimate Tennis Dream’’ package that includes airport transfers; Champagne upon arrival; welcome amenity; VIP access to the All-Star Tennis Charity Event on March 18, with guaranteed hitting time and meet-n-greet with the top pros; overnight accommodations in an oceanfront suite; breakfast daily; adult tennis clinic for two; one house private tennis lesson for two; and box seats to Sony Open for two. Rates starting from $5,999, valid March 17-24.
Led by Grand Slam legend and Hall of Famer Cliff Drysdale, along with Tennis Director Mark Chellas and ESPN tennis analyst Darren Cahill, the lineup features:
• Novak Djokovic, won six Grand Slam titles and No. 2 in the world
• Andy Murray, 2013 Wimbledon Champion, 2012 Men’s Single Olympic Gold Medalist and US Open Champion
• Serena Williams, possibly the most dominant female tennis player in history, currently ranked No. 1 in the world and a 17 time Grand Slam winner
• Ana Ivanovic, former No. 1 singles player in the world and winner of the French Open
• Marion Bartoli, 2013 Wimbledon Champion and former No. 1 single’s women French player
• Bryan Brothers, twin brothers and only double team in history to hold every major title, having won all for Grand Slams, Olympic Gold, nine 9 Masters series titles, the Year-End Championships, Davis Cup and Wimbledon Championships during their careers.
The event, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. includes a cocktail reception provided by Finlandia Vodka and Chambord, passed hors d’oeuvres, exhibition matches with the top stars from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., a pro Round Robin, a “King of the Court” challenge match pitting the pros against the amateur Round Robin winners and much more. The event is open to the public by reservation and is limited.
• $75 per person provides spectators tickets to view the exhibitions, quaff champagne and nosh hors d’oeuvres.
• $750 per person provides entry to a Round Robin tournament, VIP seating, gift bag and court time and participation with Drysdale, Chellas, Cahill and top ATP players to qualify for two spots.
• $1,500 per person includes entry to a Round Robin tournament, guaranteed hitting time against and alongside the top pros, VIP seating, gift bag and group photo opportunity.
• $5,000 provides one VIP All Access Pass including one player entry in the Round Robin tournament, 15 minutes of guaranteed playing time against and alongside the top pros, VIP courtside seating, gift bags and individual meet-and-greet photo opportunity.
Proceeds from the fourth annual All-Star Charity Tennis Event will support First Serve Miami that helps economically and socially challenged youth learn tennis and valuable life skills by participating in free, affordable First Serve Miami tennis and education programs throughout the school year, as well as during the summer.