Update your home by making easy no-sew accent pillows with either a swirling pattern, or geometric trellis pattern using ribbon and a pillow cover.
- pillow cover
- pillow insert
- glue gun
- glue gun glue sticks
- hemming tape (for geometric pattern only)
- ruler (for geometric pattern only)
- chalk (for geometric pattern only)
- iron (for geometric pattern only)
For step-by-step instructions view the video on how exactly to create both of these amazing accent pillows.
Swirl pillow instructions:
- Place the ribbon in the middle of the pillow cover, slowly gluing the ribbon in place to create a swirling pattern.
- Cut the extra ribbon at the edge of the pillow.
- Allow the glue to fully dry before inserting pillow cover
Geometric trellis pillow instructions:
- Lay the pillow cover flat and place 4 pieces of ribbon to create a square pattern within the pillow that is 1-2" away from the edge of the pillow.
- Cut pieces of hemming tape to fit underneath the 4 pieces of ribbon.
- Use the iron to heat the hemming tape to glue the ribbon to the pillow.
- Cut excess ribbon that goes past the edge of the pillow. Using a glue gun place a drop of glue at the edges of the ribbon to help secure the ribbon to the pillow.
- Measure the middle of the 4 sides of the pillow and mark the middle points with chalk.
- Place 4 ribbon pieces diagonally from the 4 middle points, and attach the ribbon to the pillow using hemming tape and hot glue as done in step 3-4.