Top coats with matte finishes easily transform glossy finish manicures into trendy, shine-free nails. While there are various matte top coats available for purchase, a do-it-yourself matte top coat can save you money, especially if this is a trend you’d just like to try out.
If you’d rather make your very own topcoat instead of buying an expensive one, you will need the following 4 items- a half empty bottle of clear nail polish, a spoon, 3 teaspoons of cornstarch and a small funnel.
- Unscrew the top off of your clear polish.
- Insert the small funnel into the bottle of nail polish.
- Pour in the 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Remove the funnel, secure the top back on and use some force to shake the bottle until the cornstarch is thoroughly mixed in.
- Lastly, use as a top coat after applying the nail polish color of your choice.