Many foods go beyond their duty to nourish our insides. Several can be used topically to nourish our outsides and make us more beautiful, naturally.
Directions to create your Sweet Potato Eye Mask:
This natural concoction will firm that delicate skin around the eyes while smoothing out the appearance of crow’s feet.
Mix the following ingredients into a small dish or ramekin:
- 2 T. warm sweet potato (canned or fresh)
- Small dab of petroleum jelly
- Gently dab around the lower part of both eyes
- Allow to sit for *10 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and gently pat dry
* NOTE: To conceal those dark circles under the eye, leave the mask on for 15 minutes. This allows a slight amount of the orange pigment to transfer to the skin.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin A which protects skin from aging with use of free radicals, boosts collagen production, aids in wrinkle reduction, and firms the skin
- Sweet potatoes are a gentle topical product that doesn’t irritate the delicate areas of the eye
- Petroleum jelly seals in moisture and adds hydration
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe - enjoyed with organics and nutrition in mind.