Do you love to get a rejuvenating facial at your favorite salon? Your skin feels silky and soft, it’s been exfoliated and cucumbers probably brought those tired eyes back to life. Get ready to learn a few ways to bring the fancy salon facial to your own home oasis.
Also check out: DIY hair deep conditioners
Before we get into the different DIY treatments, let’s make sure you get to enjoy a similar tranquil relaxation that accompanies your facial treatments at the salon.
- Ship the kids off to a friend's house or to Grandma's house and send the hubby to his favorite store for a shopping spree
- Find a place where you can lay back such as your bed, a couch or even a recliner
- Have a nice glass of water infused with sliced fruit and cucumber slices ready to be placed over your eyes
- Have a relaxing CD all cued up for mood music
- Have a large bowl with water close by on a table for rinsing
- Recruit a friend or family member to be your facial technician
That should set up a nice relaxing environment for your at home DIY facial.
Five wonderfully easy DIY facial treatments
- Simply soothing facial mask- All you need are two egg whites and 2 Tbs of plain yogurt. Mix these two moisturizing ingredients together and have your helper apply it to your face. Let it sit for a couple minutes then have your helper gently rinse you clean and apply a steamed washcloth to your face for about 30 seconds.
- Favorite fruity facial mask- You will need: ½ ripe banana, ½ over ripe avocado, 1 Tbs chopped cucumber, 1 Tbs yogurt, 1 Tbs olive oil. Mix ingredients and process with a hand blender. Have your assistant apply a nice thick layer and relax for 30 minutes. Wash off with warm water the a quick splash of cold water.
- Granola girl facial mask- you will need 1 Tbs of finely ground steel oars, 1Tbs plain yogurt and a few drops of honey. Mix steel oats and yogurt. Add slightly warmed honey (put a few drops on a hot spoon and wait a few seconds) and stir. Have your helper apply this facial mask and let you relax to your music for 10 minutes. Rinse and enjoy a steamed wash cloth for 30 seconds.
- Refreshing facial mask- You will need ¼ apple, ½ peach, ½ tomato, ¼ cup milk and 1 Tbs almond oil. Peel fruits and mash them together then add milk and oil. Stir in a pot over medium heat until the mixture is the texture of a cream. Let it cool then apply for 30 minutes.
- Marvelous milk facial mask- You will need: 1 tsp powdered milk, 1 Tbsp warmed honey (again, pour honey onto a hot spoon, 1 tsp pure aloe Vera gel and 2 drops of your favorite essential oil* (lavender or lemon are fantastic choices). Mix all ingredients and apply to face. Relax for 15 to 20 minutes and wash off with warm water. You will probably have extra, so you could give your helper a marvelous milk mask as well.
For an all natural essential oil, try Young Living Essential Oils:
"Essential oils are more than nice scents; these powerful plant extracts are your path to the lifelong wellness we are committed to helping you discover. Browse our Essential Oils Guide to learn more about the power of essential oils." For more information about Young Living Essential Oils, feel free to email Rhonda and she will be more than glad to review how the different Essential Oils work and what Essential Oils would be beneficial to you and your family.
These home DIY facials are fun for a girl’s night in or girl’s weekends. It’s also great for your daughter’s slumber party or a rainy Saturday afternoon treat. A facial treatment is so much more than just rejuvenating your skin; it’s also about rejuvenating your mind and soul. Take time to pamper yourself and see what it does to your mood and overall happiness. And don't forget, you are doing your facial treatments at home, so no astronomical fees like the fancy salon!
Thanks for reading Raleigh Etiquette! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!