- Light Up Hoodie – Glow in the dark with this light up hoodie, a spooktacular idea from our friends at Make. Grab any hoodie, some RadioShack EL tape, a RadioShack battery-powered inverter, and Enercell batteries and combine to create a creepy effect.
- Light Up Fairy Wings – Take your fairy costume up a notch with light up wings. The LED's flash looks like you're flying through the night.
- Magic Wand – Little witches and wizards will have a great time with this light-up wand. This project is easy to create and allows for a lot of creativity. Decorate the wand any way you want and cast your spells all night long.
- Superhero Cuffs – Superheroes are cool, but they are much cooler when their costumes light up. Grab some felt, add some LEDs and a button battery, and get ready to outshine those cookie-cutter costumes.
- Robot Costume – If you're ready for a more advanced project, the robot costume is here to help. This one takes creativity and a little elbow grease but will really stand out Halloween night.
Now that you've made the costume, share a photo on Twitter (@RadioShack) or Instagram using #HackyHalloween for your chance to win a RadioShack Prize Pack valued at more than $100, featuring an AUVIO Bluetooth speaker. (One entry per person. Contest ends at 11:59PM CT Thursday, October 31, 2013. Winners will be chosen randomly and announced after 2:00 pm CST on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 and will be contacted via the platform they entered on (Twitter/Instagram). Prize will be shipped 2-3 weeks after the winners have been selected. Photo must show a DIY Halloween costume and have the #HackyHalloween hashtag. )
Costume ideas, contest, what else could you need? A zombie apocalypse video. Watch the one above.